- Posted on: Apr 12 2019
What is a Jade Roller and should I be using one?
What is a Jade roller?
A centuries-old Chinese skincare tool, a jade roller which can be thought of as a facial massager and made from solid jade stone typically features a larger stone designed for use on the cheeks, jaws and forehead, while the smaller stone is ideal for under the eyes and around the mouth.
How do you use one?
Before you begin rolling, make sure your skin is freshly cleansed and apply your favorite facial oil of hydrating serum. Start at the base of your neck and roll in an upward outwards motion working against gravity. Once you have completed this on your neck, roll from your jawline up towards the middle of your cheeks. Then, from the middle of your chin make broad strokes with the roller out towards your ear, where the lymph drains from your face. Continue with the broad strokes and gradually move up your face, over your lips, under your nose and from the bridge of your nose out to your ear using the small end of the roller to get the sensitive skin under your eyes and eyebrows. When you reach your forehead, use the larger end of the facial rollers to roll from your eyebrows up to the hairline. Finally, finish by rolling from the middle of the forehead out towards the temples.
What are the benefits of Jade rolling?
- reduce inflammation and puffiness of the skin
- reduce the appearance of under eye circles (especially if your roller is cold)
- stimulate the lymphatic system and blood circulation
- brighter complexion
- tighten pores
- reduce the appearance of fine lines
- promotes deeper penetration of skin care products
- and of course, feel more relaxed
- Always roll upwards & outwards to drain the lymph, never back & forth.
- Repeat each stroke at least three times.
- To boost the depuffing effect, store your facial roller in the fridge or freezer (in a separate bag/container away from the other contents of course).
- A flushed face means your increasing circulation in the skin.
- Use your facial roller when wearing a sheet mask to help the nutrients soak in.
- Facial rolling is a great way to wake up tired eyes and energize your skin in the morning.
Posted in: Uncategorized